Saturday, December 8, 2007

New Motive Power

Carleton Railway adds additional motive power:



F-M Trainmaster #2435, freshly painted after recently being acquired used from the Erie Lackawanna Railroad, makes its way from the Avondale shops to the mainline. The additional 2400 hp. locomotive will help Carleton Railway crews handle the heavy traffic over the line. Management is also preparing to add a brand new (sound-equipped) Alco C420 to the roster, expecting that a 2000 hp. unit will work well on the Northampton Subdivision. The next scheduled operating session on the Carleton Railway will be on Friday, January 18.

2 comments:

Wayne Woodland said...

Steve - Sound equipped locos sure add a nice touch to a layout. The only issue that i have right now is when I turn the power on my layout, all the locos with sound start right away( sound effects that is) and I have to call up each one on the throttle and mute it. I find that a little annoying.Other than that their fun!! Oh by the way - would you mind if I add a link to your blog on my site?? Thanks Steve.


Wayne

Steve Mc said...

Wayne--I've not had a problem with sound-equipped locos starting right away (thankfully--I have 9 sound-equipped locos). I'm glad to have a link to my site, and I will add one to yours as well.

Steve