Sunday, September 28, 2008

Branchline Completion!

The Northampton Subdivision is now complete--at last. The track crew has completed their work and a test train--2 RSD15s, a few freight cars and a caboose, followed by the heavyweight coach "Muniac", ran from South Newbridge to Northampton and return without incident. The daily Northampton Local may be a "mixed train" with the refurbished coach used to transport farm workers and mill employees to Northampton and to bring shoppers and other travellers to South Newbridge. The photo below shows the branchline heading under the "Hyram Myshrall Overpass" on its way to the community of Northampton. The line to the right will eventualy provide a connection to Grafton. The building in the upper left is in Pembroke.


4 comments:

Doug Whitman said...

Steve

Nice to see that someone has been able to get a few things done on their layout.

Hoping to see all of your changes soon.

Doug

Scott Jay said...

Hmmm.. let's see, Doug has made additions, you have finished additions, I haven't even updated my blog in months. I wonder what he's getting at!?

Great work Steve! Can't wait to operate on it in Feb.!

Doug Whitman said...

Compared to what Steve has done this summer on his layout, I have done nothing.

I am hoping to operate on it in November.

Steve Mc said...

Thanks for the comments, guys. There hasn't been much operation on the Carleton Railway lately, but that should be changing soon. I hope to get back to regular operations in November. I have been doing a lot of maintenance work in the meantime.

Scott, sorry I didn't get a chance to stop by in August. I was swamped with work at the time so we went straight home. I still hope to get over for a visit sometime!

I keep checking your blog, Scott--I'm sure the update will be stupendous and well worth the wait.

I love the paint scheme on your switcher Doug!

Steve